■ Why are you in the shadow...



This little book might question you.

Why are we in the shadows sometimes? The book suggests some key words, tracks that you will recognize for yourself or for others.




I am closer to the artist’s book than to the zine with this one. The particularity of the latter is its structure taken from a book by Hedi Kyle.

It is a long sheet of more than 32" folded and folded until it becomes a cordless and glue-free binding. Its construction remains tedious and time consuming, as I first have to paste several pages of books to make the large base sheet.

When working with materials that have had a life, not everything is perfect and there is wear and tear. I’m not a bookbinder, I’m an artist who works with the structure of a book. So the finale is not perfect. That doesn’t matter, it’s the paper I wanted to use.


I liked the impression on red, it’s rare that we can use this color. I liked very much the mixture of paper textures.

I put the book in a box to protect it from the light, because the papers used are fragile. Due to the shape and thickness of the book, shipping costs are more expensive.

Printed in black and white, the format is 4" x 5.25".

•• delivery in Canada, $38
•• international delivery, $42

in Canada: an interac transfer is the easiest way, internationally, please contact me.

Commentaires

Messages les plus consultés